Monday, February 25, 2008

Toward The Future/From The Past

1. I got annoyed because the set could have been way more complicated if it was a movie rather than a play. I also didn't like explaining the stage directions and all that stuff on every scene. which is why movies are better than plays. the strengths i saw were i think it was fairly easy to write. The pleasant and unpleasant suprises that i found are the same as the previous two questions.

2. If i were to give a 10 year old advice it would be about school. I would probably tell him that grades dont really matter until 9th grade and its only important that you learn the stuff so you have it for later use. once you get into 9th grade is when you actually have to start trying. My advice would be based on experience because i have attended those grades and i know that it doesnt matter at all what grades you get until 9th grade. It only matters whether you fail or not because then that is bad news.

3. I think great literary works last for such a long time because they are really good works of art. people write good plays and lots of people like them so they last for a long time. No i dont think i could see myself writing something that will last for a long time just because i cant see myself writing a book or play outside of school. And I'm flat out just not talented enough to write a good play or movie or book that other people would like so much to show it to their children and grandchildren.

2 comments:

Mr. Miles said...

Actually, movies are much, much more tedious to write because you have to set up establishing shots (like every time you see a car zoom past the screen, that has to be set as, essentially, a new scene with descriptions). It's actually a pain.

My big thought on your advice is . . . How do you know what you need to know until you are an adult? I'm still learning of information I wish I had learned better in high school. :)

carlino said...

Very good, i agree, I would prefer to write a movie more than a play. GOOD JOB BILL!